So Worried

About 8 months ago I got refered to the breast clinic as I found a lump in my breast, I was rushed through the clinic, the doctor said I didnt need a scan as he couldnt feel a lump even though myself and my GP had. I demanded a scan and the scan guy was horrible, said “where is the lunp” scanned and said your ok no explanation no nothing.
I think myself very lucky at this stage.
But now the lump is still in my breast even bigger and now my breast hurts, if anyone touches the lump I get a dull ache burning pain in my boob and up to my arm, sometimes down the arm.
I’m sat here now typing this and it is very uncomfortable, is it normal to have a breast that hurts a lot, i’m now worried and feel very stupid to have to go back to the breast clinic with the same problem that they told me was fine.
When I went before my breast did not hurt at all, but now it has been hurting for about 2 months :frowning:

Hi Bubbles31 and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along shortly and in addition, our helpliners are on hand to support you through this worrying time, please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

I am posting a link to the BCC ‘Worried’ page where you will find information and other support ideas which may help:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy

Hi Bubbles31,
I’m so sorry to hear about your experience at the clinic. Unfortunately, while most health professionals are, well, *professional*, you do get the odd one who is rude or otherwise unprofessional. I saw an unbelievably rude GP a few monhs ago - it was like seeing me was a terrible inconvenience in his otherwise useful day! Some people just aren’t that nice - it’s no reflection on you.
You are clearly still worried about your breast, so I would say definitely go back to your GP. Not because I think your lump is necessarily anything bad, just because you deserve to get past the stage of being scared about it. And the way to do that is to speak to a doctor again. If they refer you back to the clinic, maybe you could take someone along for support? They might not let them be with you throughout, but it might help to give you the confidence to challenge, for example if you don’t feel that things are being explained properly.
On the subject of pain, I found a lump last week which at that stage didn’t hurt. It’s pretty tender now, but I think that’s because I’ve been poking around it a lot! Making sure it’s still there. Checking whether it’s any bigger, etc…etc… So maybe your pain is tenderness due to you feeling around the lump a lot?
But don’t take my word for it - go back and chat it all through with your GP, and take it from there. Good luck!

I echo everything Eleanor_R has said, please go back to your GP and talk this through again. Odds are that if you’re referred to the clinic again you’ll get a different scan person. The Dr. I saw at the clinic didn’t have the best bedside manner either!!
Please go back, most breast lumps are benign but you need to have your mind put at rest. Good luck.