Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it's bugging me....

Sorry if I’m talking rubbish, my head is all over the place, diagnosed with what so far looks like a 6mm stage one in my right breast. Does cancer only spread from the breast, rather than too? I’m just wondering if a primary cancer could be elsewhere (I smoked for years, gave up over a year and a half ago, perhaps I’m just being paranoid), and this small growth could have spread to my breast?

I am being pretty positive, this is just niggling me x

Hi Blondie223

Whilst waiting for replies you might find it helpful to call our Helpline to talk things over.  They’ll be able to offer practical information as well as emotional support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The free phone number is 0808 800 6000.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Blondie, I know just how all the waiting and wondering does your head in! Mine was a 4mm grade 1 primary but they told me that after biopsy results, ring and ask your BCN to put your mind at rest xx

Hope you enjoyed your couple of hours of normality on pub. I have been selective about who I have told so far as I want to have some conversations that don’t involve this sodding thing.Telling people is also exhausting and upsetting.I have another round if telling people this weekend then everyone else is being told having op for women’s health problems.Realising that I need peoples help and support so have ended up telling more than I originally intended.We have other calamities going on at same time as mother in law admitted to hospital twice during all of this and my husband keeps having to go and support get.I haven’t told my Dad who is 85 and widowed and who is not local hoping to spare him the worry if I can.It gets a bit easier once you have got your head around it yourself.

Hi ladies 

I’ve been working up to telling my mum she lives in new Zealand and is 83, ive had my surgery and waiting for radiotherapy.  Just wondering if I could not tell her and save her any worry.  She’s had breastcancer many years ago and I don’t want to stir up old memories for her my brother is keeping quiet until I decide what to do

sheena