Starting EC Chemo in January

Well I have been to the chemo ward today and spoken to a wonderful nurse who has put my mind at ease about what is going to happen, am going to sort out a wig as didnt like the sound of what you have to go through with the cold cap and I didnt like the fact that you have brain freeze for about 2 hrs!! so at least when i come home after my hol it wont be as daunting as I thought, but will keep you updated x

Hi Debs

I did 6 cycles of EC last year and found it not too bad. I used the cold cap (which is horrible) and kept about 50% of my hair, lost it from everywhere else though, managed to hang on to about 4 eyelashes on each eye!! Felt very sick the first 24 hours, but after the 3rd cycle they gave me a very strong anti-sickness pill to take immediately I finished the session. This worked really well as far as the sickness was concerned but made me really sleepy. I took Lifemel honey all the time I was on chemo and never had any trouble with blood count being low. Also my nails were really strong and once over the initial 24 hours I found I could carry on much as normal. Did a lot of walking with my dog when I felt up to it and I think this helped. I wasn’t at work so could rest when I needed to.

Please pm me if you want any more info, hope this helps a little.

Beverley xx

<Empty imported post>