starting TAMOXIFAN may 2011

thanks bonnielass for hope it will go- sat on settee with my feet up on a stool at the moment!!

water retention been better of late - not taken water tablets every day as not needed to.

hi - i’m just achey all over. 8 weeks post chemo and have taken Tamoxifan for a month now - i want to believe that the aches n pains are chemo realted not Tamoxifan so they will ease off with time - has this been your experience or are the aches tamoxifan and there to stay??

HI there, for the water retention I found nettle tea amazing - I’m not normally a herbal tea kind of a girl but it really helped. My Tamox side effects did ease off after about 4 months but never went away,
bw Nicola

how’s everybods “mood”??? can tamoxifan cause low/depression etc?

Hi Claire,

I think it’s the bc in general that causes depression. So many different treatments and SEs. You get to the end of active treatment and just(!) on the hormone tablets and think everything will be back to normal. It’s very common to feel low then - all those physical and emotional ups and downs take their toll.

The following was written by a clinical psychologist about the emotional aftermath of cancer treatment

cancercounselling.org.uk/nor … &Count=500

Best wishes Stella xx