Still concerned

Hello

Sorry to bother you as I feel a bit of a fraud but I’m hoping someone may help to put my mind at rest

Having had eczema on one breast checked out and was fine, an indentation appeared on the areola of same breast about a year later and reluctantly went to GP as the general consensus was that any change should be reported.

Anyway was referred to clinic and by the time I’d got my appointment (I’d waited a month or so to see if it was hormonal) the indent had got bigger. The consultant couldn’t see the indent (nor could the GP!) I had an ultrasound and a referral for mammo - which I had and thankfully nothing showed.

The problem is that earlier (well yesterday evening as we’re now the next day) I did a breast check and the indentation is even bigger and it makes it look like part of the areola is disappearing. Since the indent appeared there has been no eczema but it still itches - unbearably sometimes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this - I’m hesitant to return to GP which could result in another referral as unfortunately my experience wasn’t that good and sadly I felt like I’d wasted their time especially when told that it’s not what’s meant by indentation - tho how she could say that when she claimed she couldn’t see it!

ANY thoughts much appreciated just need to feel it’s all OK as I don’t have an explanation for what’s made (making) this happen

I think it must be alright as nothing showed - but…

Sandy

Hi Sandy67

Welcome to the BCC forums. I am sorry to read you’re having such a worrying time at the moment.

Whilst you wait for the other forums users to reply with their experiences you may find it helpful to talk things through with a trained member of staff on the helpline. Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and information. The number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 9 nto 2pm.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator