Still the worry continues!!!!!!

Hi all wasnt sure where to put this thread but just wondered if anyone had experienced a symptom, yes one of many im sure, symptom that is troubling me!! Feel like im finally coming out the otherside after having my double mastectomy and finishing chemo second week in December. I am fortunate that I didnt have to have radiotherapy either.  But ever since the first chemo I have been having pain in my ribcage (right-hand side mostly) but sometimes in left also.  Its lower down normally on the right-hand side and a sort of sharp like pain!!  Am really really trying to be positive and obviously trying not to think of the obvious worry we all think of, so hoping maybe others have experienced it.  I know some who have had radiotherapy have had it but I havent so just hoping it might be still the chemo working its lovely, or not so lovely magic!!!  I know I should mention it to the nurses etc but don’t want to appear paranoid!! although I am!! so any advice be much appreciated, much love x

Hi bleachbabe, 

Sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time. I am sure some of our users will be along soon to share their experiences and support.

You may also want to look at and post in our busy Chemotherapy board for more support. 

In the meantime you can call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the pain you have been experiencing and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

I would get in tough with the ‘someone to talk to’ section of this site.  You can either ring directly, or if you are nbot up to that you can send an email with some details and they will ring you back.  i have used this service a coule of times, and it is fantastic.  Really put my mind at ease over symptoms and confusing oncolology report.  You are not wasting their time, It is what they are there for.  and probably unnecesary worry is not goung to help you to recover.  My suggestion, just do it!