Strange spot, very sore. Only 18, any advice??

Hi all,
It is my first time here and I am very worried.
I have had a slightly enlarged white pimple on my areola for a couple of months (like one of the normal bumps but bigger) and since last week it has become yellow, red and sore.
Earlier it crusted over a little and then pus came out (sorry for tmi).
I am now having pain in my breast surrounding this lump. It is about the size of a small pea and it hurts to press on.
I have looked online at symptoms but most things say about lumps inside breasts but this is outside, just outside my nipple.
I am hoping to see the doctor tomorrow morning but I am starting to worry now.
Has anyone experienced this? I don’t know if it’s just blocked glands or an infection or something worse.
Any advice would be appreciated. I’m female and 18. Thanks to any replies :slight_smile:
sky-light

Hi sky light, welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpline to talk through your concerns on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

The following link will take you to the BCC ‘Worried about breast cancer’ webpage where you will find further support ideas and information:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy

Hi Sky light, can’t give specific advice other than go to the docs and get it checked out, but didn’t want you to feel ignored! good luck!

Hi Sky-light, well done for being breast aware and for realising you need to get this seen by a doctor. It sounds from your description like it’s possibly an infection in one of the Montgomery glands (the little bumps on the areola) or possibly in a hair follicle, but I have no medical training, just recognise the description of the symptoms, so do go and see your GP. When you call your doctor stress the words ‘breast lump’ and insist they see you quickly. Hopefully you will be completely resassured by the consultation, but don’t put it off, or let them pooh-pooh what you say.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the replies! I saw the doctor today and she said it was a blockage in one of the glands which is a little bit infected. I have cream for it so hopefully it will go. I am so relieved.

Thanks again and take care :slight_smile:

That’s great news Sky-light, hope it clears up quickly. Stay breast aware, and never be afraid to get anyhting odd checked out. Go celebrate!!

Hi,

That’s great news!