surgery

hi guys

im having my last chemo this wed, and was wondering how long i have to wait before surgery, and then how long after surgery do i wait for radiotherapy

debbie

Hi Debhie

My last chemo is 22nd June and have to wait 4-6 weeks before MX and recon. Not sure about RADS but have Onc appointment this friday and will ask her.
Best wishes
Dani X

Hi Debbie & Dani
I had mx and immediate diep recon 4 weeks afterchemo finished in April, so surgery was done 3 and a half weeks ago.
If I need rads they will start in about two or three week, just waiting to hear.
Good luck x Anne

Hi
My last chemo is tomorrow and surgery in diary for 20th July; Rads 3 weeks later for 3 weeks apparently.
Can’t wait…all sounds like such fun.

TEDDS and Brizie

Thank you for your replies as it does inform me and makes me feel I’m not alone on this journey as nobody really knows what we’re going through until it happens to them!

Brizie, do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your last sentence? Good luck with last chemo and hope SE’s are kind to you. What type of surgery will you be having?

Take care ladies.
Dani XX

Hi Ladies,
I finished Chemo 3 weeks ago and will have mastectomy on 9th July, it seems such a long time to wait to me, there doesn’t seem to be any hard and fast rule as we all have had different waits. I was told to expect to wait between 4 and 6 weeks but hoped it would be sooner rather than later. I’m expecting to have RADS too. THis just goes on and on and on …
Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

No there doesn’t seem to be an end but I have friends who have been in the same boat and treatment ended recently so there is a light at the end of this BC tunnel.

I read on a US website that they recommend
3-6 months after chemo for surgery so there seems to be varying opinion on time delay.

All best wishes.
Dani XX