Suspected skin mets..... advice please 🙏🏻

Hello
I’m looking for anyone who may have had this experience. A quick history!

Diagnosed multi focal IDC stage 3, grade 3 in 2015. All the usual chemo,mastectomy, radiotherapy, herceptin and tamoxifen etc.

All well until a couple of years ago where I had 2 spontaneous rib fractures. Bone scan and then MRI showed 2 isolated sclerotic lesions and was told it was likely metastatic disease but to wait for another MRI in 3 months. This showed NED so despite ongoing rib pain I was told that all was well.

6 months ago I noticed a couple of small blister type spots under my right breast where the reconstruction joined the existing chest wall skin. As I’m fat, I just thought it was due to chafing. It wasn’t itchy or sore so I forgot about it. Every so often I’d have a look and notice a couple more , but again thought it was normal. 2 weeks ago I had a recurrence of my rib pain in that same area and noticed that I now had over 20 of these tiny blister like spots.

Went to GP who tested for shingles, fungal infection, bacterial infection and all negative. They sent a photo of the area to consultant dermatologist who requested that I be seen on the 2 week cancer pathway to have a biopsy as it does look suspicious. That appointment is next Wednesday.

I’m now noticing that some of the spots are actually healing and flattening and it looks like it may be going away!

This is a good sign isn’t it? Skin mets don’t spontaneously heal do they without treatment?

I don’t want to be a time waster at the clinic!

If anyone has any thoughts on this I’d be really grateful.

Thank you :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hello Coco,

Welcome to the forum, we are all here to help when we can.

I’m sorry I don’t know very much about skin mets, however would suggest that you attend the hospital appointment that has been arranged for you, get check out for peace of mind.

Please come back to the forum and let us know how you are getting on. Wishing you well going forward.

Hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

3 Likes