talk 2 some 1

hi i live in anglesey an wud like 2b able 2 talk 2 others about my fears,my partner has secondary breast cancer in lung,3rd time she had cancer

Hello Phil

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure you will get some replies soon.

We have a helpline that you may find very useful and they may be able to point you in the direction of our Peer Support department that offers one to one support. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi Phil,
I’m sorry to hear about your partner.
Experience wise I am not very useful to you but I just wanted to draw attention to your post so that someone more relevant sees it soon. I know that there are a few partners who post on this site.
Hope someone comes along soon and best wishes to you.

Hi Phil, sorry to hear about your partner, will bump this up to the top, hopefully you will get someone to talk to you, junieliz

Hi Phil,

So sorry to hear about your partner and her dx, I was dx in march this year with primary and secondarys in both lungs, they have been kept under control (I think with herceptin) I did chemo FEC/taxotere and herceptin, did surgery and now just on tamoxifen (hormonal treatment) and herceptin. I was told my mets on the lungs were now tiny after chemo and unchanged or stable due to the herceptin. I have no problems ie symptom wise none whatsoever, how big are her mets? how many? (the dr just told me I had multiple mets to both lungs) we know its breast cancer that has spread to my lungs because of the ct scan results showing that they had shrunk, you can always request a biopsy on the lungs to confirm it is mets, I was told by a nurse that sometimes on the ct scans what looks like cancer can just be old scars from having flu or bad colds, so maybe she should get a biopsy to make sure it is what they said it was, and so you know what you are dealing with.

Fingers crossed its nothing more than an old scar showing up on the scans, please feel free to PM (private message) me anytime, not sure if this has helped but I know it helped me when I was first dx with it on my lungs.

Sending love and light
Sarahlousie xxxx