tamoxifen and hoodia

Hello
I’m sick of the weight gain induced by tamoxifen. After 3 months of healthy eating and loads of exercise I’m still the same size! I’m wondering if anyone has tried hoodia (appetite suppressant) and if it’s safe to use with tamoxifen. Very hard to find any reliable information on the internet.
Many thanks

Hi there
I too am fed up of the weight gain. I am sure i have gained a few pounds since taking this drug, even though i am eating and exercising the same.

I have not heard of the appetite suppressant, i guess the sensible thing to do would be to ask your oncologist for info.

All the best.

Naz x

In trying to find out about 5-HTP, I found that it is supposed to help with weight control, as well as insomnia, anxiety and depression.

May be worth asking your oncologist about it.

Ann x

Hi ladies,

Here at BCC we always suggest that you don’t take any supplements or any other type of medication without first checking with your medical team.

Take care all,
Jo, Facilitator

I’m having the same problems with weight gain. I was 10 1/2 stone 3 months ago and am now 12 stone. I’ve never been on a diet in my life!

Julia xx

Hi yes i’am fed up too can’t seem to shift the excess pounds,been on tamox since april.

i am not overeating and exercise like a lunatic so why isn’t it shifting !!

Ann

Hi I’ve been on Tamoxifen after lumpectomy and radiotherapy from 27th August 2009, I put on about half a stone then I went to our doctors nurse for help and I’m seeing her every 2 weeks its great help and its almost a counselling session as well to talk about anything. I have lost my weight by writing a food diary and this works for me. Good Luck (Its the hot flushes that get to me!!!Vanessa (Fudge’s Mum)

Hi everyone,

I too have put on about half a stone since May 2010 when I started taking Tamoxifen. My friend calls it Tamoxifat!! It’s so annoying as I’m only 4ft.11ins so that is a lot of weight for me and I have never been on a diet in my life. I wouldn’t even know where to start. Someone said to me “Welcome to the real world” but that didn’t help. I suppose at least we know we are not alone.

Good Luck with it all to everyone xx