Tamoxifen and ovarian cysts

Just wanted to know if any ladies have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst while on tamoxifen. I was on Zoladex for two years. That stopped in June last year and I had one period just before Christmas. Nice present! Now I have been diagnosed with a cyst. Ultrasonographer said no known correlation with tam and cysts but many papers on the net suggest otherwise! One ‘cure’ could be more jabs of Zoladex or ,I suppose, chucking the tamoxifen in the bin. Anyway, does anyone else have similar ?

Kitty

Hi Kitty

It is so good to see you post, I too have been on Tamoxifen for over a year now and I have been dianosed with having a 5cm cyst on one of my ovaries, the pain is dreadful, bearing that in mind, they want to do another scan before they drain. fo the past 2 nights I have had trouble sleeping as it is rather uncomfortable as you will know. My periods stopped in August last year. I did originally got to GP then and she told me I probably had a urine infection…worrying isn’t it!

Anyway, let me know how you get on. I am just waiting for a new scan date…they seem to take forever.

Claire x

Hi staffy and billybob

Yes, it is good to know you’re not the only one with this ‘complication’

I do hope that it disperses naturally as yours did, staffy and that yours does too, billybob. We could do without it, for sure. We’ll keep in touch. I’ll send a private message, if I can work out how.

Kitty

Thanks for your postings, I don;t know how long I will wait for a scan but it is so uncomfortable so I just hope it disappears soon…

I wouldn’t know how to send a private message either, I will try and work it out though.

Claire xxx

Hi Kitty and Claire

If you type the user name of the person you wish to send a private message to into the box ‘Send a private message to’ the message will only be visible to you and the user you have sent it to (and the moderator). The service is case sensitive so please be careful when you type the name in, then just type in your message as usual into the ‘Enter your comments’ box.

Hope this helps

Best wishes
Lucy