Tamoxifen and Zoladex

Hi, i am new to this!! But just wanted to talk to anyone that may be going thriugh same thing as me!! I was diagnosed in July 09, had chemo, radio, and i am now on Tamoxifen tablets every day and monthly Zoladex inections!! As i am only 24, the early menopause symptoms have been awfull to say the least!!! Is anyone else on both of these and have any side effects?? any help, or just a chat much appreciated!!! :slight_smile:

Hiya,
I’m 36 do decrepit next to your sprightly 24!I have read your post on the other tamox thread. My periods notback yet but if/ when they do I will start zoladex. Already on tamox, hot flusheshere too!I’m happy to keep you company but I wondered if you knewthat there’s a thread for girls in their 20s too, there’s afewof you on here sadly.

Take care

vickie

Hi just married and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the valuable support you have here please feel free to call our helpline for a chat with one of our team on 0808 800 6000, the line is open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

BCC have published a booklet about menopausal symptoms caused by breast cancer treatments which you may find helpful to read, you can read or order a copy via this link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/treatment-and-side-effects/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/17/

Take care
Lucy

Hiya, thank you both for your replies!! No i didnt know there was a thread for women in their 20’s, thanks, i shall take a look at it!! Did your periods stop during chemo? mine stopped during first 4 chemo’s then returned after 5th chemo, and stayed until i started Zoladex!! Do you have any other SE’s with just tamoxifen? :slight_smile:

Hi
I am on just Zoladex as had too much joint pain with tamoxifen. I had frequent periods all the way through chemo which is the first time in my life I have been regular! I have only had 2 months of Zoladex and within the first month had 2 periods. I seem to be suffering with getting really hot at night and not sleeping but otherwise good. How long have you been on Zoladex?? Oh and perhaps abit moody!(so my OH says)
Take care
Sarahx

Hi Sarah, i have been on both for nearly a year now! Yeah totally agree with you about the mood swings!!! I get hot flushes all hours of the day, but the night sweats are horrid!! i have had to get a wee desk fan beside my bed!! i have put on a bit of weight too, i beleive this is down to the zoladex and tamoxifen too!! :slight_smile: