Tamoxifen prescription brand change

Hi, my brand of tamoxifen has been changed when I collected my prescription. I have been on RelonChem 20mg Tamoxifen since June and whilst I have had some side effects overall they have been minimal. I e now been prescribed Crescent Pharma Limited 20 mg. Has anyone had any experience of this brand I’m concerned I could end up with worse Side effects as I have heard different brands have different side effects.

1 Like

Hi sbooth731

Thanks for posting.

Some women do find a different brands of tamoxifen might make a difference to their side effects but not everyone. It depends on the individual as to whether there are particular brands that suit them better,

It’s not always possible for a pharmacy to get the same brand for someone so you may want to try the ones that have been dispensed to see how you get on with them. If you notice any side effects are worse, you could ask your pharmacist their advice on how to get the brand you prefer. This may mean having to get them from a different pharmacy.

It might also help to connect with other women to hear their experience of this. You can do so through this section of the forum. And here are the details for all our support services.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.