tamoxifen side effects-dry eyes by megnkate

I have posted this on behalf of new user megnkate
kind regards
Lucy

hi has anyone taking tamoxifen suffered from dry eyes?

Dear megnkate

Please feel free to call the helpline for a chat to one of our team who can offer you further support and ‘listening ear’, it may help to talk your worries through with someone in confidence. The line is open tomorrow 9am-5pm on 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Katie

Hi, quite the opposite! I find when I am outside in the cold or wind my eyes water constantly. I am also having herceptin so could be that. Just another little irritation during this unwanted journey.

Yes I do MegnKate. Also my eyes blur very easily. I have been on Tamoxifen for 15 months

Debbie
xx

hi Debbie, I was beginning to think I was the only person on Tamoxifen that had dry eyes as a side effect.I also have joint pain and hot flushes(my oncologist suggested taking a vitamin b 12 and evening primrose oil,which I think helps)I also don’t sleep very well.I find my dry eyes and blurry vision a nuisance as I must put drops in my eyesfirst thing in the morning before I can open them! Having said all that I am very greatful to have the Tamoxifen and I would rather put up with the side effects than stop taking them as I think anything that might help prevent the cancer returning is worthwhile trying and is a small price to pay.Sorry for moaning. Irene

My thougths exactly Irene. If it helps, I also have hot flushes, night sweats, joint pain, leg cramp, PMT whether I am having a period or not. I was prescribed 20mg of citalopram a day for anxiety and depression but discovered by accident that it really helps with hot flushes. Unfortunately it also makes me v tired so I try to manage on 5 mg twice a day. I look like a chemist trying to quarter these tiny pills but, if I ask the doctor to prescribe 10 mg, it will cost me more in scrips. I don’t sleep well either…hot flushes and weird dreams. I have been taking 1000mg a day of EP oil for years to help with psoriasis. Consultant said it was ok to continue…good news…my psoriasis has completely cleared up…so is it Tamoxifen or Citalopram???

Anyway, moan all you like Irene…no one minds and you are entitled.

Love
Debbie
xx