Tamoxifen & womb cancer

Evening all,

just doing some reading up and have been on Tamoxifen for about 4 months now but im wondering if I should be asking for a six monthly/yearly scan on my womb to check everything is ok as this is one of the small risks of the tablets. Just wondered if any other ladies out there got offered a scan.

take care
love Tracey
xxx

Hi Tracey,

I live abroad and my experience might not be totally relevant, but I was sent for a scan by my GP when he gave me the prescription for tamoxifen. I’m also supposed to have a gynaecological visit at the clinic where I go for a check up three months post-op, don’t know if that’s related to medicines though.

Hope it helps anyway.
Love Jxxx

Hi Tracey, have you read up on tamoxifen on www.cancerbackup.org.uk it tells you about the side effects, and also the side effects depending on if you are pre-menopausal or post-menopausal.

Alison xxx

I now have fibroids but I had a d and c recently that came out clear for cancer. I am not sure if the tamoxifen gave me fibroids as I don’t know if they were there before, although I don’t think so. The risk of uterine cancer is low in women who take tamoxifen particularly if you are premenopausal as I am

Mole

Thank you all for your time and comments.
Seeing my Onc tomorrow re the future, im sure there’s the mention of injections of ovary removal to talk about, so will ask about womb cancer.

xxx