Tandem Skydive

Hi all

On the 4th October 2008 I will be taking part in a tandem skydive at Durham in aid of Breast Cancer Care. Falling 10,000ft through the air at 120 mph strapped to the front of a (hopefully hunky) man!!! That should make the experience a little less traumatic.

On a more serious note, I hope that by risking life and limb I will not only be able to raise money for Breast Cancer Care but also to raise awareness of this disease. I, as have so many other people, have lost a family member to this disease, and wish more could have been done at the time. Each year Breast Cancer Care provides information, support and assistance to over 22,000 people. It provides an invaluable service to those in need, so please everyone, donate as much as you can.

Thank You

Laura Bewick

3 2 1 aaaaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhhh splat

I was going to do a tamdem skydive last year for the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow Trust but we never got it organised in before the nasty weather … would be good fun me thinks!

I can’t wait for it. Am just glad I can do my bit to support the charity. Some of my other friends are jumping too, but for meningitis.

I can’t wait for it. Am just glad I can do my bit to support the charity. Some of my other friends are jumping too, but for meningitis.

I was dared by one of my staff to do one in April 2007 to raise money for my school playground. It was the most exhilarating thing I’ve ever done but very scary. Not so sure I’d do it again though!!

Louise - are you planning it?

Well done Laura for doing it … hope you get a good looking hunky chunky man to be strapped to.

Well done, my hubby did one last year for the Everyman Charity which supports prostrate cancer.He was terrified, but wanted to go again afterwards.

Mary
xx

Good for you. I have just returned from seeing my baby (aged 24!) do his first tandem skydive in Nottingham (Langar) on Sunday. It was a great day. He was scared but did it and I am very proud of him. He raised money for MacMillan who really helped me last year.

Irene