Taxoterre only and side affects

Hi ladies, I’m new on here, I am 39 years old and have my second breast cancer which is different to my first.

I had a mastectomy last month and am now having 4 sessions of taxoterre every 3 weeks. I had my 1st session yesterday and to be honest no side affects as yet just a bit tired. When did any of your side affects start on taxoterre only? Also used the cold cap this time.

My first cancer was hormonal and had lumpectomy followed by 6xfec and I woke up the following day feeling ill so was expecting that today bit nothing yet so just wondering when it will hit me xx

Hi Kazza77,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you have a look at information on taxoterehere, use our Ask the Nurse service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi Kazza
I have triple negative bc. I am due my third FEC on Wednesday. The FEC has made me pretty ill … housebound for 9 days, then it lifts. i’m 46 and fit normally. I’d be interested to see how you doing on the taxoterre as that is what I am due for my last three cycles.
Stay positive X

Hi, oh okay. I only had fec last time and I wasn’t too bad on that. Well as few days after the taxo I was just completely knackered and had absolutely no energy, had a headache I couldn’t shift until I started alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen. The extreme fatigue lasted about a week and then on day 4 I started the filgastin injections and then I started getting really bad pains in my bones and had to get strong co-codomal from the hospital. My next chemo is Wednesday and not lost any hair yet!!!. Good luck x