Ten fingernails and a wedding! advice please

My fingernails have suffered badly from Taxol (paclitaxel). I had my last treatment in early January.

Son is getting married in 2 months’ time, no way will my nails be normal by then!

Any suggestions? I don’t usually wear nail varnish but could give it a try maybe? Or buy some gloves to match my Mum-of-bridegroom outfit?? Or…?

I have had gel nail tips put on in the past, but part of how they do it is to file the surface of your nails to flatten them, so I would not suggest them if your nails are already feeling weak.

A couple of weeks ago I had Biosculpture gel put on my nails, and the result was lovely, and they stayed looking perfect for two weeks. It’s a bit like very strong nail varnish, so shouldn’t be as rough as the stick-on nail tips.

I had terrible nails prior to Taxotere which got worse and I resorted to putting Boots No7 Nourishing Nail and Cuticle Care on every day which stopped them splitting so much - one of them was lifting up at the edge and I was worried I might lose it. I have to keep my nails very short and manicured.

4 years on and my nails are still crap. I’m currently using Sally Hansen Maximum Growth to harden them. You have to paint it on every day and it’s actually quite nice as it looks like a thin coat of clear varnish. I’ve only been using it for a week and it seems to be helping them. I have also had very blotchy hands from all the needles, the right is also very mottled as I had a very bad chemo burn which put me in hospital. Dove Regenerating Night Cream for hands is proving to be brilliant, saw a difference after 3 nights use, so I’m sticking with it.