Test results today (hopefully)

I was supposed to get my biopsy results on Monday but they were delayed and my appointment is now today at 2.00 pm. I had a stereotactic core biopsy on a patch of microcalcifications over 20 x 19 x 4 mm in my right breast, and actually the delay in the results has given me a bit of extra time to get over the initial shock of the unexpected biopsy and get my head around what might be coming. Hopefully today I’ll find out what’s up and what plans, if any, I need to make.

If anyone can suggest any questions in particular I need to ask at my appointment I’d be very grateful, as obviously it’s all a bit of a blur at the moment.

Hello Everylittlebreeze

While you are waiting for replies may I suggest that you give our free helpline a ring on 0808 800 6000 and have a confidential chat with one of the breast care nurses who are here to support you, lines are open to Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 – 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi every little breeze. Sorry I have only just picked up your post. Fingers crossed for good results. I was diagnosed with multi site high grade DCIS a month ago following a routine mammogram, and two stereotactic biopsies and you are right iT is all a bit of a blur. I. Went on to have a sentinel lymph node biopsy which thankfully was clear and I will be having a MX and immediate LD reconstruction on the 11th Jan. I will check on your results later. Big Hug to you xxxxxxx

Hi Cheryl, thanks for replying. I got my results this afternoon, and everything is all clear! Apparently it should have been explained to me when they did the biopsy that at that particular clinic they test every litte thing that looks remotely suspicious, and there was always a very low probability that I had cancer. Unfortunately no such reassurance was given on the day, and to be honest I wish they had communicated a bit better as it’s been horribly stressful over the last ten days.

I’m very conscious that it doesn’t work out so well for so many ladies on here, and I wish everyone the very best of luck with their tests. Here’s hoping for more positive outcomes for other posters on this board.

That is greatnews I am so pleased for you. Have a great Christmas xxxxxx

Wonderful news, hurrah xx

Really pleased for you - and thank you for coming back to tell us. xx

That is great news I am so pleased for you. Have a lovely Christmas xxxxxx