Thickening of breast

Hi,
Last summer I found two lumps in one of my breasts which I got checked out by biopsy and turned out to be fibroadenoma. However these past few months I’ve noticed the breast to get slowly bigger and I’ve started to notice a thickening and hardness underneath my skin in between the two lumps. This has not come and gone with my periods, but stayed constant. I’m currently waiting for a referral. I am only 18 so I know it’s highly unlikely but like most of us I have been googling and gotten myself all worked up! Has anyone else had a similar experience??

Hello Hardinged

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

best wishes

June, moderator

Hi,

Please don’t google. I did that and was convinced I was seriously ill. There are so many unreliable and wide and varying pieces of information out there it’s unbelieveable. I got the all clear today but can understand how the wait is awful and googling is so tempting! I rang the breast care nurses twice and they were fantastic. You can try that as they really helped to alleviate my stress. Good luck xx