Think I'm losing the plot!

Hi all, just looking for some advice . I had pain and swelling In my right breast almost three weeks ago ,went to docs a couple of days later. Felt like the right thing to do , whilst there he found a lump and referred me to breast clinic . Had a mammogram and ultrasound , the consultant radiographer said straight away that I needed a biopsy . Saw the consultant who confirmed I would be having a biopsy but he didn’t seem particularly concerned as thought it could be a ‘smoking related infection’ The radiographer did the biopsy and was very honest with me and said she thought I had DCIS, I felt better for at least having an idea . I went back again last week and the consultant said I didn’t have cancer , massive relief and didn’t ask any questions , he just said they were looking for another infection possibly from my lung and they would let me know later in week. Anyway I called the radiographer later that day just to make sure she agreed with his opinion … She didn’t and I have been called back for another biopsy under X-ray next week. Sorry for rambling but I don’t know what to think ! Surely they can’t tell me I haven’t got cancer if There’s a chance I may have ? Any advice would be gratefully received , has any one else had this experience ? Who should I listen to , the clinical consultant or the consultant radiographer just really confused right now , not at work and feel such a failure for giving in when I don’t even know if there’s anything wrong with me! x

Hi Pegs

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good honest support from the many informed users of this site.  If you are still on line could I suggest you give our helpline team a ring and have a chat with them about your concerns.  Lines are open until 2pm today 0808 800 6000, calls are free.  Helpline opening times are Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator