Timing decision

I started adjuvant chemo back in October, but after 2 cycles had to stop after ending up in the hospital with sepsis.

I’m due to start again on a different regime, sometime in the next few weeks. I’m more or less getting to choose when, so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask for input from the forum as I’m struggling with the decision.

Earliest date: next Thursday, when I next talk to my consultant about it. We’re semi-set up that it could happen that day. Biggest pro: earlier I start, earlier I finish!

Latest date: Feb 9th (end of 12-week window). Biggest pro: another 3 weeks recovery from the sepsis (I’m doing okay, but still fatigue and some movement issues). This is also the date of my next bisphosphonates infusion, not sure how I feel about having the 2 together, or even the bisphosphs mid-cycle.

I’m also a little concerned about the idea of leaving it til the last minute - if I get covid or even a cold, that could be me out of the 12-week window. On the other hand, chemo was bad enough when I started it almost fully healthy last time, never mind still recovering now - not that I’m sure 3 weeks will fix me, it’s taking its sweet time (unsurprisingly).

Any thoughts and/or pearls of wisdom to help me sort my thinking out would be very appreciated!

Hi bookish,

Thank you for your post.

I am hoping my message will help our members to see your post and share their experience.

Please remember, that for any clinical questions, our breast care nurses are here and happy to talk things through.

Best wishes x