Tissue thickening and greenish discharge from one breast - very worried!

Hello

I’ve just joined this forum…I recently saw my GP as I’d developed a greenish discharge from one breast.  She did an exam and said I needed to have it repeated in 2 weeks when I was mid-cycle.  I went back last Monday and she is now referring me to my local breast clinic as I still had tissue thickening.  I’m so terribly worried.  I went to her about 3 years ago I had had a whitish discharge (like colustrum) out of both breasts. She checked my prolactin levels which came back as normal and that was that until now, she never discussed what it could’ve been back then and didn’t ask me to return for further tests, so I assumed it was probably just hormones.  (I still have the white discharge on the other breast).  It only comes out if I squeeze it quite hard, and I have no redness, pain, heat or anything else, and I feel well in myself (other than anxiety now) and we have no breast cancer history as far as I know (we have family history of heaps of other cancers).  I am 40 and had a child at 28, who I breast fed for 1 year. (oh, and I was long haul cabin crew in my 20’s - I’ve heard that that may increase risk?)  Any advice or words of comfort would be welcomed, I’ve not yet had my appointment through yet; not even sure how long that will take.

Thanks xxx

Dear NJA73

Welcome to the BCC forum.  I am sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support. 

You might also find it helpful to call our Helpline to talk things over.  They can offer you practical information as well as emotional support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

I cannot give you advice, but I can tell you that you should not worry at least until you know what it is, try to think positive and carry on with your life. I am sure that if you were told to repeat the test mid-cycle there is a link with your hormones and the gp is being cautious. BE ready for the worse, but think everything it is going to be fine, whatever the diagnosis.

Love and hugs,

Daniela x

Thanks Daniela :slight_smile: just wish now that the appointment would hurry up and come through.

Oh sweetheart, don’t lose heart, maybe -just maybe- this was not considered a priority which could be good… ? Sending positive thoughts. Keeping you waiting is just cruel. xx