told it is BC but waiting for full results and treatment

Hi

I was just wondering what people’s opinions are of my situation.

I will try to be brief! Three weeks ago I went to breast clinic. Fine needle and ultrasound done and was told no BC found but that I was to come back in 6 weeks. However I was recalled last Weds to say cancer cells had been found after all. Had triple test but mammo.ultrasound not conclusive. Had a punch biopsy done and now waiting for results of those. The consultant did tell me though that it is BC, probably lobular, and most likely lumpectomy will be done-so lots of if’s and probably’s except for fact it is BC.

The consultant is on holiday this week so my full results can’t be given until next Weds.So I’m having to wait two weeks from being told it is BC to getting full diagnosis.

I’m impatient at the best of times but I’m finding this really hard. My friends and family think it is shocking that I’m having to wait. I’ve also read alot of the threads where people have been treated almost the next day following diagnosis.

I just want to get on with it!!!

Love

Freddie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi freddiecider

Whilst you are waiting for the other forum users to reply with their advice and experiences if you would like some additional support through this very difficult time please don’t hesitate to give the BCC helpline a call. Here you can share your concerns with one of our trained members of staff who will be happy to offer you a ‘listening ear’.

The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm Saturday.

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi Freddie

I can sympathise with you. I was diagnosed with bc in late January and was told I would need a lumpectomy and full node clearance but I would have to wait for the operation as the consultant was taking half term off to be with his kids. Reasonable enough, he probably deserved a holiday but I didn’t want to wait, I just wanted to get it over with.
As it was I had the operation on the 27th February and went back 10 days later for the results - more waiting!
There was no node involvement and the margins of the lump were good.
The waiting is the hardest part. I found a local complimentary health centre and treated myself to some reflexology and spiritual healing. Whatever works for you!
Liz

I do sympathise.

I was diagnosed last May after my biopsy, waited for 10 days and then phoned the breast cancer nurse for my results. I foung the waiting the worst part. Once I had my results I could ‘get my head round it’. I found the results from my biopsy were different from the report following surgery. Biopsy said grade 2 but after surgery grade 3!

I also had 3/24 nodes involved and had chemo and rads after surgery. I finished rads last month and am feeling great. I’ve just had my first check-up and am fine. You’ll be fine too.

Mal

Hi Mal and Liz

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. It is reassuring to know that others have had torturous waits too. I don’t blame the consultant for having his holiday- well deserved I imagine. Just seems to be another piece of bad luck in my jigsaw.Still he is known as being excellent so worth waiting for I guess.

It is also great to hear your positive stories.

It is the unknwn that is the hardest. I perhaps could ring for the results but I kind of want to hear them from the consultant so that he can explain the treatment etc too.Otherwise I know I will over analyse them again and may interpret them wrongly.

Thanks again- you’ve made me feel a little brighter.

Love Freddie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning all,
Freddie, I’ve seen your posts, you are coping really well with the delays etc, they are awful, aren’t they?!
I know how you feel, my story goes on and on, mammo back in Dec showed potential problem, told I has DCIS on the 16th February. Surgery SHOULD have been 5th March, but a second area was seen on MRI and needed investigating. Luckily was OK, but has meant surgery pushed back now to April 2nd!

Feels like forever, and life is sort of “on hold”. Like you, I have been told that surgeon is really good, so decided not to try and change to get it earlier.

I suppose to everyone in the hospitals, they are dealing with people like us all the time, and, they know that the delays don’t matter from a physical point of view to our treatments. But my little brain cell has been all over the place - and I really find this website fantastic for support and information. You feel as if you know so many more people all of a sudden!

Anyway, hope you have a good weekend, and the weather is fine for you, Spring’s arrived, summer round the corner, and we will start to putthings behind us,
Love
LizzyM