tram or diep? Help!

They will do it if you stop smoking as long as the blood supply is good. My PS always hopes to do Diep but if the blood supply is not good enough she does Tram.

Hi Kelley

Does the radiotherapied skin ever fade to normal colour or is the tan permanent?

Hi Girls

Still a bit confused…!

From what I can deduce from your responses, I guess as I’ve been asked to do sit ups - it’s because I used to smoke…(gave up 7 or 8 years ago)? (They did ask).

However, as I mentioned before, my thoughts are that if I do as many sit ups as they’ve suggested I won’t have that much tummy left so I still cannot understand why they haven’t said that they might have to switch to a tram…which takes some muscle? Also why did the PS say I shouldn’t have bothered trying to grow a pot, yet others I know have been told not to lose weight?

I too would love to find out if radiotherapied skin ever goes back to normal colour…?

Cheers

Nikki

Mine still has its radiotherapy tan nearly 3 years after treatment!
Nikki- I was told not to lose any weight but to do abdominal crunches which are thought to improve blood supply to the area.
It’s also sensible to be as fit as possible before an op but not to lose weight.

Hi all

Nikki - I had nothing on my tummy for them to take and only just enough on the thigh (I jog, go to the gym and was very close to getting my brown belt in Karate), I don’t know about whether it’s similar to using the bottom. I was told I couldn’t have an implant cos’ of rad therapy and I really didn’t fancy waking with no breast!
Cora123 - There is no obvious dent which has amazed most that have looked at it! It’s just like a tummy tuck on the thigh. If you look hard enough you can see my right thigh is a little thinner than the left but only my OH gets that close!.
As it’s turned out I’m not going to need rads (very relieved!) but I start chemo on Friday and getting a bit nervy now, I realy hate feeling sick!!
My fitness certainly helped my recovery from surgery and I’m hoping will help get me through the next few months.

Take care everyone

Hi Marita

Thanks for the information about your recon. It sounds like an option worth considering.

I hope all goes well with your chemo. I had 8 cycles of TAC before my surgery. It wasn’t nice but my tumor was quite large and grade 3 and already in my lymph nodes so I felt reassured that any C cells anywhere else in my body were getting a good blasting and if that didn’t do it I had 20 rads for good measure. For me it was difficult not being able to drink tea or coffee as it tasted revolting. I was very nauseous and vomitting for the week after chemo so my Oncologist changed my pre chemo steroids. This did nothing to help so after the 4th cycle he gave me different tablets called Emmend. I only had to take 3 tablets. The first was on the day of chemo about half an hour before chemo. I was really worried that it wouldn’t work and I would be violently ill whilst having the chemo. Amazingly these new tablets worked and although I did feel a bit off colour it was a lot better.

I hope you don’t feel too bad with your chemo. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Cora