Travel Insurance

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me please. I’m just about to have last chemo (tomorrow!!!) and then on to rads in January. I’d really like to book a break away in March and a big holiday to st Lucia in June. Does anyone have any experiences with booking travel insurance?

love loopy x

Hi there

There are several companies that cover existing medical conditions, although of course the cost will be high. I used Freedom Insurance when I was undergoing chemo and they covered that. However, I didn’t go for long or as far as you so I’ve no idea what the cost would be.

You can google them and check out their website.

Good luck

Gill

Hi,
Having had several ludicrously extortionate quotes, I have found Miaonline to be the most reasonably priced for my travel insurance, covering both my breast cancer diagnosis and hypertension (high blood pressure.)
I got an annual worldwide policy earlier this year for £100, covering all eventualities, including cancellation.

I was diagnosed with bc 7 1/2 years ago ( grade 2,had bilateral mx,right axillary clearance with 2 out of 15 nodes affected, chemo, rads)and have been fortunate to have “no further evidence of disease” so far.
I don’t know if the fact that you are only just finishing treatment may mean that your premium will be higher but I’d certainly recommend giving them a try.

Good luck x

I finished chemo/rads in August and I’m going on a cruise to the caribbean/ up the Amazon in January. Miaonline gave me a good quote for myself but I’m travelling with my father who is 77 and has heart problems and their quote for him was extortionate. In fairness they said that I would be better to get insurance for both of us through the same company as if one of us had to make a claim and we were insured separately the other company might not pay up. I ended up getting the insurance through Tesco and I’m coverd For BC and asthma and my Dad is covered for his heart.
Nicky x

I got a good deal with All Clear Insurance Services who also gave a good deal to my neighbour who has a heart condition and asthma.
Best wishes
Anthi x00

I have found Medici Insurance good, both for me and my OH who has multiple conditions! A good friend also recommended All Clear insurance which Anthi mentions below.

Good luck

Dilys

I went online yesterday to check prices and was shocked at how high they were. I phoned my current insurance provider, explined about the breast cancer and got asked for another £11.??. And that is until August. What a result - just shows, you should check with your regular insurance co. first.

I like Pink but they don’y do an annual policy.

check out the other thread on here girls for travel insurance. Bromley travel insurance are far the best I have found, they offer a policy specifically designed for BC ladies.
x

This is another thread running on travel insurance:

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/holiday-insurance-t22511.html

Jo, Facilitator