travel insurance

Hi
My name is Adele and my mum has secondary breast cancer. She was diagnosed with secondary at the same time as the primary diagnosis. We are desperately wanting to take a family holiday to Florida. We are really struggling to get travel insurance for her. Could anyone suggest some companies that we could try or recommend any companies that have helped them?

Thanks and best wishes
Adele

Adele
There is a ‘sticky’ post here in the secondary BC bit

If you scroll through, you will see some of the battles and successes we have had with travel!

From my own experience, if you are travelling within Europe it’s easier to get cover but the USA gets a lot more expensive. If your mum is only on hormone therapy you might have better luck than if she is on chemo and it will also depend on where her mets are and if she can get her onc to sign her off for the trip.

Good luck!
Laurie x

Hi Adele and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the peer support you have here please feel free to call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays and our team are here to support you and your Mum.

The following link will take you to the BCC secondary information page where you will find further support ideas and information which I hope you will find useful

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care

Lucy

Hi Adele, I went with all clear it was cheaper on line, xxx