Travel Insurance

Really useful to read everyone’s travel insurance experiences. I’ve recently booked with InsuranceWith - pleasant on the phone going through lots of medical details, covered me based on info I told them so didn’t need docs letter.

I agree stelwah a holiday is a must in a situation like this and to know your covered while your away just puts the mind at ease a little. Hope your treatment is going well and that you enjoy your trip away xx

I am two years post op and on Letrozole. I paid £71 for a years insurance with Eurotunnel for my husband and I. No questions asked! After getting a quote online I phoned them to be sure and paid then. Very simple and efficient.

Just wondered if anyone had found a good travel insurance that will cover one on travel.  My husband has phoned many an insurance company and they are asking for extortiant amounts of money because I have terminal cancer.

We use to use the Post Office General insurance which was great as it covered the basics which is all we wanted but they have changed their underwriters and so we cant use them anymore.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cookie17

Hi Nicky

Thanks so much for posting this info…

I’m thinking of taking my boys to Florida in October… My dad was in the RAF as well so will be extra good for me!!

Thanks again

Wolfie xx

Hi Nicky,
Just had a quick look at axapp healthcare website, found the travel insurance bit. Do you not have to be a member of their healthcare programme to be eligible? If not it sounds good!
Glo xx

I get US cover for 2 weeks from Insure Pink for about £200, on Herceptin & hormone treatment when not on chemo or awaiting tests, fyi…x

SP0, that’s excellent - is that because you are NED? Tournesol x

Hi all,

I’m a newbie to the forums, new to breast cancer and even newer to secondary BC so please bear with…

I’ve just taken travel insurance with insurancewith, 2 weeks worldwide, declared all my history and meds and paid £114.

Also taken 5 days European for £28.

Thank you. Wishing I wasn’t having to be having these discussions but hey ho, I bet we all do.

Hello ladies

I’m looking for a bit of advice on travel insurance. I’m going on holiday in 2 weeks and have been declined travel insurance because I’m waiting for test results to see if I have bones mets. Primary 2013 and been well until recently having leg n hip pain.

Can anyone suggest an insurer who won’t ask the question about waiting for test results.

Thanks in advance
X

Thanks for the advice lovely ladies. I’m going to Spain and have my EHIC card. Seeing onc tomorrow for results of scan fingers crossed it’s not what I fear but if it is I will ask if she can do me a letter for the insurers.

X

I have just contacted Eurotunnel to possibly take out individual annual travel insurance with them and I got stumped when she asked me whether I had a terminal diagnosis. I did not know what to say for although I know that I can not be cured, so I am terminal in that respect, I am being treated and at the moment stable.

My GP would more than likely give me a letter saying that I am fit to travel and can not for see any problems relating to the cancer in the immediate future but who knows what’s around the corner. My concern is whether I will be covered with their policy or will they try to wiggle out of any possible claim using the “terminal” diagnosis. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated. Ann xx

Further to my previous post I contacted Eurotunnel insurance the next day with a view to taking up the annual insurance with them, however when I told the advisor I had secondary bc she informed me that I would not be covered for claims relating either directly or indirectly to the cancer. I did not actually clarify the fact with her but I am assuming that if I had to cancel a holiday due to becoming unwell due to my cancer , I would not be able to claim for cancellation. I decided that this policy was not for me as although I am stable and feeling well enough to travel now, who knows how this beast of a disease will come back and bite me when I least expect it and I needed an insurance policy to cover me for this eventuality. 

Looking through the forum again, Insurancewith.com had been recommended by members so I completed the online indepth medical questions to obtain a quote, only to be advised at the end to contact them to speak to a customer advisor. Which I did the next day and spoke to a very helpful advisor. After looking through my online questions she informed me that they would not be able to insure me on an annual policy but could offer me a single trip policy and my breast cancer would be covered. We are only travelling in the UK at the moment so obviously any medical problems I might have will be treated by the NHS, which lowered my medical insurance risk.

I was quoted £8.67 for a 8 day holiday on their Emerald policy without cancellation cover as we are going later this week and £7.77 on their Sapphire policy with £3000 cancellation cover for a 5 day trip next month both policies had £75 excess. I know that it is not as convienient as a annual policy but if it gives me peace of mind that I am covered with regards to the bc, I will just go along with it. 

We are planning to go abroad later this year providing I stay well, so it will be interesting to know how much they will quote me for that holiday. I will keep you posted!!! Ann xx

Unsurewith are very good with secondaries

Insurewith autocorrect kicked in

Hi, I used insurewith and a week in Cyprus was about £44 that’s with lets in spine, liver and lung. Other insurers hundreds more.

Enjoy your trips x

Just tried to get travel insurance,for a coach trip to Spain, went back to Insurancewith as they covered me earlier this year for trips in UK. Nothing has changed in relation to my disease and treatments but they would not insure me this time probably because I’m going to Spain. ? I have got travel insurance with my bank but they also will not cover the cancer. Ann 

Hi, I have secondary breast cancer in liver, lungs and sternum - got a reasonable quote for travel insurance for Palma from nowicantravel.co.uk (less than £50). Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone

I have just booked a week in Greece in October got insuranced with insurancewith for £38 were very friendly x helpful

Karen xx