triple negative

oops I was replying to page one - sorry didn’t see latest posts and yes, tend to agree with Jane that proof is not offered but I found it interesting nonetheless…

My take on the Leeds Hi, Bernie and JaneRA.
The data presented in the review article are very dense - masses of it! I read it line by line after using edit to search for ER-negative. I then did searches on the research articles cited. I found it encouraging though the general slant of the article was concerned, as most are, with phyto-chemical effects on ER-positive tumours and the pros and cons of soya. I thought the info on chinese herbs also valuable but haven’t found any source of them. I’m going to write to the authors and ask where to look for follow-up to their review and will post anything useful back here.

There seems to be growing evidence for positive effects of phytooestrogens (which after all are present in the majority of plants and are one of the most significant group of phytochemicals which are protective against disease).

Different phytochemicals have different functions - some prevent mutations occurring, some help to repair them in damaged cells, some stimulate cell death of damaged or disorganised cells.

If we can consume foods which are rich in these ingredients and choose from a wide range we should be improving our background health and defences against cell damage and boosting our capacity to fight back.

Research and advice are still thin on the ground but there’s a lot in the pipeline based on the grants that have been given to fund this work. So the widest possible spread of “good” foods in the diet and the highest possible intake of super foods such as garlic, green tea, salvestrol rich foods and others and excluding suspect or known to be dangerous foods is the only rational strategy at the moment until any evidence points to a more focussed approach.
I get guidance from the Plant Programme and tweak it here and there to intensify the effect.
Wishing you well,
Jenny