Triple Negetive Breast Cancer

Hi, was diagnosed with tnbc july 2016. I had neo adjuvent chemo followed by a lumpectomy and then a second wide excision. Fortunatley the chemo hadn’t spread to any lymph nodes and all traces of cancer are gone. Just waiting on radiotheraphy. Starting to read about tnbc and feel worried about it returning. Any advice? Thanks .

Hi Sarahannemills,

I’m sorry to hear you’re worried about recurrence and I’m sure our other users will be along to share their experiences.

In the meantime you can always post on our Ask the Nurse board or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi Sarah,if you look in the I am recently diagnosed section of the site there is a triple negative section and lots of ladies there who will be able to give you advice and support (look at the Any triple negative survivors thread and introduce yourself ).If this is your full real name you are using you may want to e mail the moderators and ask to change it to something a little more anonymous .All our posts are public and sometimes it’s easy to forget this .I googled something about breast cancer once and it actually brought up something I had posted on the forum !!! All the best Jill.

Hi Sarah, all good advice so far, just wanted to say that altho im not triple neg, I was diagnosed in 2001 and had 10/12 cancer free years. It doesnt always return, but if it does, there are lots of options, take heartxxxHugs, Mojan???