Triple positive

I have just been diagnosed with triple posit e with no node spread ,I can’t find anything on the site about this
Can anyone help
Thanks
Elaine

Hi Woodview and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through any concerns or queries, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Although we don’t have a specific link to ‘triple positive’ information here’s a link to types of primary breast cancer where you may find information which relates to the type you have been diagnosed with:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/primary-breast-cancer/types%C2%A0of%C2%A0primary%C2%A0breast%C2%A0cancer

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi Elaine,

Sounds like me (I am six years on from treatment beginning). They don’t often use the expression ‘triple positive’, perhaps. It means, fortunately some would say, that your cancer is oestrogen-positive so you are likely to be treated with anti-hormone medication for at least five years, which is either tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors - for the latter you should be post-menopause. There’s lots on the forum about those and I’m sure there are leaflets on this site.

Elaine,

I too have never heard the term triple positive used. I assume it’s the direct opposite of TN, ie ER positive, PR positive and HER2 positive.  About 80% of BC is hormone positive (ER or PR), and about 25% is HER2 positive, although I have no idea how these two overlap - ie how many are positive for all.  You will find a lot of information about them separately.  Think of it as a good thing, as it increases the amount of treatments available to you.

I was positive for all three (plus in my lymph nodes) and that was nearly eight years ago now.