Two new primary breast cancers one hormone receptive one not

Has anyone else had two tumours, one hormone receptive and one not? I thought the treatments were different from each other. The tumours are in opposite breasts.

Hi

I am too on my second dose of BC, the first was hormone receptive and the second not. They were both in the same breast, the first treatment I had (12 years ago) lumpectomy and radiotherapy and tamoxifen and this time mastectomy and chemo to start 3rd October.

Lesley
x

Hi Lesley,

Funny enough my first BC was 12 years ago, this time I have a tumour in both breasts as I said. I start my chemo this morning, I must admit I am not looking forward to it as I know what to expect. Still upwards and onwards, at least it will be one session out of the way.
Cheers
Carol

Hi Carol

I dont know about you but I thought once I had had BC 12 years ago that was my turn and then wham it hits again.
I really hope your chem goes well for you, are you having the cold cap?? did you have chemo last time?

I am going on the “looking good” session today and then the wig lady Thursday, I am not working and my doctor wants me to stay off work until I have finished treatment (which suits me as I have a stressful job and I think I would always be on guard as sometimes I have started to be a bot snappy!!!) and give it 100%.

Lesley
xx

Hi Lesley,

Well the chemo went as expected, I felt sick all week, but not actually sick, at least the suite did not smell of chemicals and the nurses were really professional. I did not have the cold cap as I dont think it is worth saving a little of your hair, if its going to go, its going to go. I have a nice wig waiting for the time, although I have been told that not everyone actually loses their hair, its a bit hit and miss?

Hope all goes well for you.
Carol