Unexpected core biopsy

Hi - I went to the doctors with a lump at the edge of my left breast and was referred to the breast clinic. After mamogram and ultrasound was told it looked like a bruised muscle but would be referred for MRI to be on the safe side.

I then received an appoinment for a core biopsy which confused me as it has not been mentioned. I was then totally shocked when they went to biopsy something in my right breast which had also not been mentioned. I was in such a state that I couldn’t tell you what the radiologist said so I’m not sure exactly what has been biopsied apart from there were two areas of concern and two samples were taken from each. Now waiting for results.

Hi Maisy123

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  Waiting for results is a very difficult time.

As well as the support to be found on here you might also find it helpful to phone our helpline for information and support. They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808  800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Good news - lumps on right benign so just the mri on the left to go but feeling ok as they were more worried about the right breast.