update - 1 week on

update - 1 week on

update - 1 week on Hi All,
Well it’s one week on from my op and my friend is looking after me fantastically. We’ve just come back from a little walk and I’ve even done some stairs today!!!
All in all it hasn’t been too bad, and a week’s discomfort is nothing when I think I haven’t really got to worry about being high risk any more. That was the first thing that I thought of when I came round and I keep running it through my head now.
I had an epidural put in while I was anaesthetised (but it didn’t work at all!), so ended up with a morphine pump for pain relief. If I’m honest it hasn’t been pain that bothered me, just then tightness, but that is getting better.
I had 7 drains in, 2 in each breast and 3 in my abdomen, I was dreading them coming out, but they were fine and of course its made me more mobile since they’ve been removed.
The worst things for me have been my breathing (have never been a smoker, but I hadn’t anticipated how hard breathing can be when you’ve had chest surgery and I was also put on to Iron tablets which gave me profuse diarrohea. I asked if I could stop those and have been fine now since stopping.
I have my first dressing change appointment tomorrow afternoon, and will go from there. I really don’t feel like I’ve had a double mastectomy at all… I think my boobs look fab!!
Anyway, I hope that you are all ok, Lisa1974 I will be in touch with you, you will be fine whatever.
It would’ve been my Mum’s bday today, wish so much that she’d have been able to have had this done back then.
Catch up with you all soon, thank you for all of your kind words and support,
Lynne xxx

Hi Lynne Glad to hear you’re doing so well and you have someone to take care of you. The drains are awful, but such a relief when they come out. Hope it all went well for your dressing clinic.

So glad you’re happy with your new boobs!! And yes, it’s great knowing you’ve done all you can.

Lots of love
Sue
x