Very painful Fibroadenoma

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me …I had a routine mammogram last July and was called back to breast care unit for an ultrasound which revealed a lump in my left breast, a needle core biopsy was taken and i was told a week later it was a firoadenoma and nothing to worry about…in the months since then i have experienced pain and discomfort in my breast and over the past few weeks it has been so bad i have been unable to wear any bra, luckily i can get away with a vest, even so i have been in so much pain i cannot sleep and i cannot bear any pressure on it or even touching it hurts…so today i went back to my GP…i told him how much pain i am in and that i have tried painkillers and pain gel, hot water bottles, frozen peas, cutting caffeine and dairy stuff and just about everything else and he has prescribed me extra strength co codamol…am i within my rights to ask to be referred back to breast care unit and can i ask for it to be removed as it is affecting my ability to lead an everyday life and my ability to work as I cannot bear any pressure on the area…my paternal grandmother has breast cancer and has a masectomy…am i over reacting here should i be in this much pain??? I would appreciate any help or advice xx

Hi Kitty and welcome to the BCC forums

Please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to the BCC ‘Fibroadenoma’ information in the meantime:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/benign-breast-conditions/fibroadenoma

Best wishes
Lucy BCC