very worried sudden inverted nipple

hi, i’m mum of 5, i breast fed them all, i breast fed 3 of them for over a year, last baby was 8 years ago. I had a shower one day last week and noticed one of my nipples was inverted, and after a good poke about i can feel it is slighlty swollen but i would not call it a lump, so i went to the doctors monday and saw a very new as in i was her 2nd patient ever, who was striaght from her training ( at a breast clinic)(she was excellent btw), and has refuured me to hospital although its a 2 week wait i’m beside myself with worry, i’m not looking for answers here i know i will only get the at my appointment, but omg, what to do in the meantime,

Hi Tabitha1969

I’m sorry to hear that you are having a such a worrying time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

ok, got dianosed today, i have breast cancer, i wanted to laugh, still do? , need to get my head around the fact this is real and wake up, but dont wdnt to , waaaaaaaaaah is going on in my head

Tabitha, so sorry to read of your news. Have you been given a full diagnosis yet or treatment plan?
There is so much information and support on this site and others will be along to help you through this.
Posts disappear quite quickly so keep adding to ensure you get to the top of the latest posts, or you may want to join a particular thread once you know what path your treatment is taking
Clare x

hi i go tomorrow for my full diagnosis and treatment plan,xx

Hi Hun , your condition sounds very similar to mine , I had an inverted nipple and my boob was painful , I went to the clinic yesterday and after an examination , mammogram , ultrasound and puncture biopsy I was told there and then it was bc !!! Gotta go back next week for biopsy results :frowning: I am absolutely terrified ,I’m a fitness instructor so thought I was fit !!! Please stay in touch and I wish I could say don’t worry but I’m sailing in the same boat so all I’ll say is good luck and keep positive …lots of love xxx

hi pja, sorry to hear your diagnosis,good luck on everything i know no matter what anyone says you still feel terrified,xxx
i had a mastecomy on 25th jan plus 2 lymph nodes taken, they thought the lump was 5cm but tests showed it was only 3cm the 2 lymph nodes also showed cancer so i needed a full lymph node clearance, i had that on the 15th feb, after the wait of a lifetime i got my results from that on the 6th march, and out out 16 lymph nodes the result was 3/16 were cancer, thats good, if it reached 4 i would of needed radiotherapy, so i just need chemo, , 12 weeks ago i would never of guessed i would be having this chat with anyone, its all been so quick, but thats good as now im just getting my head round it and saying i have got cancer, when infact its looking like the cancer is out and the chemo is going to make sure,

Tabitha 1969 I know the feeling have a strong family history of cancer both patients and maternal aunt but because I suffer with colitis I thought it would be bowel cancer that I got so imagine my horror when I found a lump and the consultant said after a scan and biopsy it sd sent look good so a week later when I gto results I knew in my head that it was cancer… I’m having mx next mon 25th and SNB don’t think it has sunk in just waiting till after the op and see what happens.