very worried

hi i am new to this site on the 7th of november 2011 i had a biopsy and came back ten days later to be told i had breast cancer i was told it was grade one and slow growing and that i would need a lumpectomy and radiotherpy i had the operation on december the 1st and they took out some lymph nodes the cancer is very small does anybody know if they find any in my lymph nodes does that mean i will a have to have all of them taken out or b i will need chemo or do you think they would still use rads i hate this waiting game don,t find out for another week and it is driving me crackers hope some one can help would rather no the truth thanks

Hi There,

Sorry to hear of your dx. Almost 4 yrs ago i had my dx and it was stage 1 but it was “slow growing” and the lump itself was 1.7cm however when they did the SNB they did find cancer in it and when they removed the nodes 5 were infected. Because of my age (34 at the time) they gave the the full course a whole load of different chemos as well as radiotheraphy.

I know its worring time but even if it is in the lymph nodes they mop it up with chemo.
hope this helps
s

hi its easy to say dont worry but you will its only natural but you cancer have been caught very early, by the sound of it and waiting is the wort but chemo is not that bad if you have to have the same has rads it is a long journey but it gets easy has time goes on and you will get throgh this, i was diagnosed sept last year with ibc which is a aggresive breast cancer, but now a year on, i am cancer free and back to my normal self good luck and stay positive x x

Hi roseric

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you are receiving on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/pub … cer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 9-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

thanks sukes and lollipop 59 i am gratefull to both of you for getting back to me so quick now i no there is a chance that i might need chemo then so be it but i did n,t like it when they said we are not even looking at chemo what they should say is there is a chance i think its kinder because you can build your self up to it rather then waltz in there thinking great i won,t need it and then being told you do i can think of nothing worse so now gear up for it i know everyone is differnent but i need to know so ican get my head round things ps is chemo horrendous i no it is different for everybody but just so i have an incline it would be good if you have a drip for instance how long is it in for would be grateful if you could help thanks so much