Vinorelbine

Hi
I am just about to start onnvinorelbine after 4 other Chemos and wanted to know anyone else been on ?
Jo x

I’m on fourth cycle. Get quite tired but generally ok

Hi Jo, Have sent you PM - I hope - still struggliong with new site!!

Hi
Sorry am just struggling so much with new site.
Is Vinorelbine oral for you Cromer ?
Sorry beach walker I didn’t get pm - are you on Vinorelbine too?
How are you as seems ages since I met you at the group and have
Been on ongoing tment ever since really.
Jo x

my daughter has a history of cancer. as a teenager she had osteosarcoma in her femur. Then free of cancer for over 10 years but then diagnosed with head and neck cancer and had carotid artery resection.
Within one year she was diagnosed with breast cancer and was treated with Tamoxifen.
Initially good results but then found cancer has spread to other breast. Changed treatment to Herceptin.
Following year cancer spread to liver and lungs. Changed treatment. Started Capecitabine (Xeloda). Again initally good results with tumour reduction but it also stopped working after 9 months.
Change treatment. Started Vinoralbine last Thursday 24-May-2012. will be administered intravenously for first two cycles then will change to tablet form thereafter.
I wonder if anyone can share any experiences on how good Vinoralbine is for treatment of secondary breast cancer. Also how long can we expect the chemo to work as I understand it will not be a cure. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Monica

Hi Monica,
Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support. I’m sorry to hear that your daughter has now got breast cancer to deal with after all her other cancers. I’m sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to support you, but could I suggest you give the helpline here a ring they are here to support both you and your daughter. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon - Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2. I have also put for you below links to some of BCC’s publications you may find helpful.
www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bcc58

Vinorelbine:
www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/vinorelbine-navelbine-bcc165

Support:
www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/about-breast-cancer-care/support-people-living-secondary-breast-cancer-sm25

I hope this helps. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

I am on tablets. I have to say that I have found the heat difficult as I appear to have no thermostat

Hi Jo - have re-sent PM, so hopefully you will get it this time! Monica - I had six cycles of Vinorelbine for secondaries to liver. I am still waiting for my ‘end of chemo’ scans, but those I had halfway through showed a good response.As chemo goes, I found it quite ‘kind’ and the side-effects were minimal. I hope your daughter finds the same - she sounds like she has had a really rough ride. PM me if you want to know any more. x

Hi Beachwalker, thanks for your kind words of support. I heard that Vinorelbine is well tolerated so keeping fingers crossed my daughter will not suffer too much from any side effects. Her previous chemo was Capecitabine and she suffered from hand and foot syndrome, she had very bad blisters on both hands and feet.