Visit to onc next week

Visit to onc next week

Visit to onc next week I finished my rads at the beginning of december and have a “follow-up” appointment next week with onc. Can anyone tell me what happens at this type of appointment as i’m getting really nervous just thinking about it… Is it just to see how skin is settling down etc??

Seems like a bit of a daft question but i can’t get it out of my head!!

Hi Izzy I have my review appt with my onco tomorrow affty, was told at last rads it was re skin et,c but I expect they will take some bloods and perhaps have a little feel about ??

Hugs
Marge
xx

Hi Izzy05
I had my follow up app with onc couple of weeks ago,
nothing to worry about, just check that your skin is ok, and have a prod about on your breasts to make sure all is ok
and if your on medication just asks if you are having any problems,
don’t be afraid to tell them if you are as thy can change it for you, or advise you what you can do to help yourself
Hope all goes well for you.
Love liz x

Discharged Had my follow up appt, onco looked at my radiated breast cos I had some delayed redness, prescribed me some antibiotics for cellulitis, had a feel around my neck, discharge now back into the care of my surgeon for follow up in 3 months, that’s all, no bloods taken. All done and dusted in about 15 minutes

Hope you appt goes ok

Hugs
Marge
xx

Thanks for the info - still a bit nervous but am a bit more prepared now.

Lots of love

xxxxxxxxxx

HI Just wanted to add that my experience on Friday was the same as Marge.

Sunshine

Mine was also like Marg’es ex[erience, minus the antibiotics & redness. Hope all is well