Waiting for results, have question....

Hiya, new user here. Lovely site, I found you all by chance.
I have Q?
I’ve a lump on the left side. It’s a little tender. Saw the GP and a week later i’ve been to the breast clinic. Examined, mammogram done, ultrasound and biopsy. The mammo and scan showed the lump in detail, it’s about 2.5cm. My underarm was scanned, and other things showed too. I saw at least three orb like things. They said they were Lymph glands. The breast was biopsied, along with the underarm and an appointment given for results on Wednesday. I’m having a bone scan Tuesday.
The lady I saw told me ‘she’s very concerned’. I asked if she thinks it’s Cancer, and she nodded. She gave a card with a phone number and offered us a cup of tea. She also gave me a tissue and my next appointment.
I don’t think there is BC in the family, but there are other cancers. My father died of secondry brain tumours, and my Grandparents had cancer, but died of other things.
What i’d like to ask, have any of you been told those words ‘i’m very concered’ and got that nod, only to find that you’re clear?
My mind is much clearer today, and think that if it is BC, after Weds I can start to move forward.
I’m 39 by the way, 40 two days after I get my result.
Look forward to hearing from you x

Anyone? x

Hi elttiks and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry that you are still waiting for a reply during this worrying time for you, we had a problem over the weekend with new posts going live so your post was not on view until today so our apologies for the delay. I am sure your fellow users will be along soon with support for you.

Please feel free to call our helpline for a chat with one of our team on 0808 800 6000, the line is open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Take care
Lucy

Sorry not to have seen this earlier. It’s important to remember that even if it is cancer, that’s not a death sentence anymore. You’re right, even if the news is not ‘it’s ok after all’, once you know for sure, and once you start to learn what can be done and when, it’s actually easier to cope with. I had a lot of cysts in my 40s and 50s and some were biopsied, but I don’t think anyone ever went as far as saying ‘I’m very concerned’ with them.

Best wishes for the scan tomorrow.

Cheryl

Thank you ladies. The waiting is horrid and it’s causing some upset at home. Hubby is grumpy. My 13 year old daughter is fine, but my 22 year old daughter not.
Roll on Weds. I’m meeting with the surgeon for results. At the mo I am strong and feel that I could shrug it off, but underneath I know different.
I’ll keep you posted :o) x

elltiks the only way anyone can tell you for definate is a biopsy so they cannot tell untill they have all the results in front of them heres hoping for benign results for you .I dont think people who make these flippent comments realise how much we hang on every word and how much more it worries us. My surgeon felt mine and said " that doesnt feel very friendly" what the hell does that mean i thought so try and stay calm untill you know for sure ( easier said than done i know ) xxJulie

I too was told they were very concerned, when recalled after mammogram, this was pre exam, had ultrasound fine needle & core biopsies. Results of fine needle back within the hour, cancer in both breast and lymph gland. Had to wait a week for core biopsy result to confirm, but I think the concerned thing is to prepare you for a poor outcome, maybe better than all smiley lovely until wham.
Hope things are ok for it really is easier when you know what you’re dealing with, have had mastectomy, nodes cleared, nearly half way through chemo. Still got rads to go but it hasn’t been as bad as I imagined it would be from where you are now.
Hugs to you, the waiting really is the worst
Pat

Hi Elltiks, Sorry you need to be here. I think they were preparing you for the fact that they are fairly certain without the biopsy result that you will not get the all clear. In my experience the cup of tea is also a bad sign.

Let us know how you get on on Wednesday. People will be helpful and supportive and feel free to ask anything./ Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Stella xx

Don’t read too much into the cup of tea. They need you to hang around so they can check the biopsy site isn’t bleeding, and a cup of tea is as good a way of getting you to stay put as any other, and tastes quite good too.

I am sorry you’re having such a time waiting, but it will be better once you know what you’re dealing with.

Good luck holding it together until Wednesday. Bring someone with you to write things down, and make a note of all the questions that might be bubbling up in your head at the moment. Even just getting the questions and worries down on paper can really help you manage them. You might find your questions are answered by the doc during the consultation without you having to ask, but it’s good to have them to refer to.

Good luck.

CM
x

The surgeon was right.
It’s bad news. I’ll move across to another discussion. x