waiting for results

hi im new on here, i had an urgent referral to breast clinic, they rang me with 2 appointments , i had a mammogram last week , didnt see a doctor and went straight after mammogram, they said my next appointment which is tomorrow i would have results and further tests if needed, im 49 with a family history of breast cancer, most people on here when theyre refferred seem to have all tests done same day . unless its different in all areas, my mum has also had an urgent refferral like myself given 2 appointments . good luck everyone.

Hi Jules, yes, most areas seem now to do a “one stop shop” with consultation, mammogram and moving on to ultrasound and biopsy if required. Even though it can be a really long and stressful day It does seem a better way to do things.
Hope you get good news on your return appointment!
Hugs,
Kitt
X

What a very difficult time for you as a family! I hope all the amazing support on this site isn’t needed for you or your mum but you know it’s here if required.
Kitt
X

Hi Jules,
Been thinking of you today ? How did it go?
Hugs,
Kitt
X

Oh dear - your head must be in a spin . I hope your mum gets better news tomorrow but remember to jot down all your questions as soon as they come to you - I used my phone since it’s always with me . Hopefully you got a number for the nurse so you can call her if you have urgent questions that can’t wait til your next appointment.
I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight but it does all start to feel more manageable once you know exactly what you’re dealing with .
Kitt
X

Oh Jules, I’m sorry to hear that. Did they have much detail on your mum’s diagnosis or are you still waiting to see what the plan is for her? I hope you have other family to offer support and you’re not trying to do it all at a time that is difficult for you too…
I’m cautious about offering reassurance since my cancer was at the more straightforward end of the spectrum and I know many of the brave ladies on here are not as fortunate but looking back, there was no stage of treatment that was as bad as I had anticipated.
Guess there is nothing to do but take it one day at a time - are you and your mum both being seen at the same hospital?
Hugs,
Kitt
Xx

That’s good - at least the breast care nurse (aka “your new best friend”!) will be aware of your unusual situation and hopefully able to smooth the journey .
Kitt
X

Hi Jules, you’ll have to excuse my ignorance - I had to google that and I’m still not entirely sure what it means for you…
I take it it’s growing so will need to be removed but isn’t malignant so you won’t need further treatment???
How are you feeling about it? Still some uncertainty by the sound of it which is really difficult. Do you have a date for the biopsy?
Hugs,
Kitt
X

I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you, Jules, that the possibility of cancer is ruled out. I hope things are going smoothly with plans for your mum’s treatment too.
Kitt
X

Hi Jules, a nervous time for you all, no doubt! What is she having done? Is she hoping to get home the same day or will she need to stay in?
Thinking of you both,
Kitt
X

Ps - remember Strepsils! Almost my sorest thing was my throat post op from the breathing tube! Xx

Hi Jules, so glad it went well. I think the best advice my surgeon gave me was that there are no awards for bravery so to take the painkillers regularly and not to wait til I was sore. Much better pain control when kept on an even keel rather than yo-yo-ing between very sore and not at all - breast wasn’t too bad at all, it was more my axilla which was swollen and tender.
Hugs,
Kitt
Xx

Hi Jules , that must be a relief about your mum - the radiotherapy really is ok … tiring and a bit of a drag with the every day nature of it but really manageable.
You must be feeling a bit beaten up both physically and emotionally, eh?! Hang on in there !
Hugs.
Kitt
Xx

That’s great news, Jules! Once your mum is through the final stage of her treatment you can both start to put this behind you. Big gin for you tonight?
Hugs,
Kitt
X