Waiting on core biopsy results.... getting tested for pagets

Hi everyone i’m new here and worried sick … here is my story
About 2 months ago i was in bed and i looked down at my breasts and i noticed my right nipple was sticking out and it was 2 sizes bigger than the other , so i squeezed it and i felt a hard lump , and i noticed some flaky skin on it so i just ignored it until a week later i was in the shower and i noticed a little blood , so i made an appointment to see my GP , she couldn’t find any lumps in my breast so she refered me to the breast clinic , i had a mamogram and a scan they came back normal , so when i went back along to see the doctor he said we need to take a biopsy , i was in shock and never asked any questions , so he said come back in a week and get your results so i went last wednesday for them and the breast care nurse said they were trying to call me as the results weren’t in and a core biopsy takes longer , i asked her what they were looking for and she said pagets i said ok , then i left the hospital wanting to slap myself as there were so many questions i wanted to ask like why are they looking for that , as i was ignorant to the fact i was going to see the doctor he was going to tell me there was nothing wrong with me and i ended up getting all these tests done , can doctors tell right there and then if it is this cancer i’m worried sick , sorry for going on there’s so much i want to know i can’t take it all in
Thank you for taking time out to read this
Lesley

Hi Lesley and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read that you are so worried, in addition to the support and shared experiences you will soon have here, our helpliners are on hand to give you further support and information. Please feel free to call 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturday.

You may find the following link to the BCC ‘Worried’ section of the website helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=promo\_content&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy

Hello Lesley,

I’m sorry you find yourself here and have this worry, but welcome anyway!

Paget’s disease is fairly rare, so you might not immediately find somebody in the same situation as yourself. Nevertheless, waiting and worrying, we are all in the same boat, whatever the type of cancer, the grade or the stage, and you should find loads of support here.

Hopefully your tests will come back as nothing to worry about in the end. I had a scaly itchy patch near to my nipple about 3-4 years ago, which I guess in the end turned out to be some kind of dermatitis, although is never had anything like that before meant my GP did refer me to the breast clinic at the time.

Waiting is for sure the worst period, as it is hard not to imagine all the worst scenarios, and while everybody tells you not to Google, as much of the info out there is outdated, plain wrong, or simply doesn’t apply to you. It can just add to your worry.

This is a link to the information that this site gives on Paget’s: Search Results | Breast Cancer Now

Hopefully it can answer some of your questions. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing, and how it pans out, and the lovely ladies here will help you in any way they can, I am sure.

Hi thank you for the replies , Morwenna i read the link thank you it was very helpful… But i still have so many questions …lol for example it says about a breast lump can that mean a lump underneath the nipple aswell and the core biopsy , about taking samples from the lump , meaning my lump is a nipple lump not the actual breast … im kinda think when it comes to taking informattion in … lol especially when im worried about something , as i suffer from anxiety , but on the plus side i only have 2 more days of worry as i get my results on tuesday instead of wednesday as he’s on holiday on wednesday