Waiting time after sugery

I am having a lumpectomy on Friday 8th August.  Can anyone give me any idea how long I then have to wait before seeing the doctor to find out the next step?

Hi Lara777

Welcome to the BCC forums, I hope you find them to be a great source of support.  Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experience you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open today 10 to 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, Facilitator 

Hi Lara

I waited 2 weeks after WLE and SNB op to get the results, which i think is the usual time to wait at most hospitals.

Good luck with your op

Jaye x

It depends on when the meeting of the team happens to discuss the week’s cases - for me, it was just under 2 weeks after my WLE (‘lumpectomy’) and SNB (Sentinel Node Biopsy). Naturally, there will be other considerations, such as staff availabilty, etc…

Thanks for the replies.  I’m sure everyone feels the same but the waiting time between appointments seems so long!

I’m keeping as busy as possible and while I am busy, I almost forget anything is wrong until it comes back to kick me.