Weight Gain & Steriods

Hi Ladies

I had FEC No. 4 on Friday and since then I seem to be ballooning I dont think Im eating anymore than normal in fact I feel sick so it should be less. Is this down to the steriods and if so do we lose the weight easily afterwards - cant fit in any clothing at the moment.

Thanks for your comments

Karen

Hi Karen
I didnt have FEC regime, but have put on over 2 stone since Oct, my face looked like a football.Think a combination of steroids and not working.Am usually on my feet all day.Stopped chemo mid March and slowly losing weight,puffiness has gone from my face.

Take Care
Mary
x

Hi All

The steriods cause water retention so drinking and peeing more should help. I am to rink half a pint evey hour during the day to flush the system (has 2nd FEC yesterday). I am not bothered about gaining a few pounds - only to get rid of the blasted cancer.

Anita xxx

Hi Anita

I think in a round about way you have answered my prob, it wasnt the weight gain as such it was the sudden nothing fitting - I had no 4 friday and have really been off food and drink as soon as I read water retention I though you wally DOH!!! This is truly a chemo brain moment LOL.

Thanks

Karen