What is a lump meant to feel like

I’m 27 and have a lump in right breast. I have tiny breasts so it’s above the fleshy part and on the bony bit I would say. I’ve looked online at what the lump is meant to feel like as in hard soft can it move a bit or not. What is a lump meant to feel like. ?? Help please seriously worried.

Hi Suzie86

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for information and support.  I am sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to support you.

As I am sure others will tell you, all lumps and changes to your breasts are best checked out by a doctor, so would suggest that you make an appointment with your GP as soon as you can.  The majority of breast lumps are not cancerous but it is always adviseable to get it checked.  I have put for you below the links to a couple of BCC’s publications you might find helpful to read.  Also, if you would like to talk to one of our trained staff, in confidence, then the helpline team are just a free phone call away 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.



Take care,

Jo, Moderator