Who is going to Secondaries event on 24th October

I just thought I would start a thread to see who is actually going to the Secondaries event on the 24th? It would be nice if we can identify each other and get to know each other a bit better.

I am going!

Jenny
x

I’m going - I hope they give us name labels so that we can put our user name on as well as our real names if people want to do that. I know sometimes people don’t want to reveal their true identities so that should be respected.
I think Jane RA, onetit, lynnc and fayjay are going so hopefully they will respond and tell us if they are coming or not. I already know Jane and lynn so that makes it easier for us three but I want to meet all of you who use this forum so I will be hovering around looking for all of you!!!
Lookig forward to meeting you Jenny and everyone else
Kate

Hello,

I am going to go with my sister. Hope to see you there.

Fay :o)

Yes I am going though the bloke I e-mailed at BCC hasn’t responded to me yet.

Jane

I am hoping to go if I can get some child care sorted out.
It would be great to meet some of you, and I hope there might be some time for a couple of glasses of wine after the meeting!

India

Hey ladies

Yep ill be there think im dragging my mate Kay along with me cause ive got the attention span of a flee since chemo (well actually before that was great) lol

Lets hope this thread stays with the women that are going hey! :slight_smile:

Hi All

I would love to go to the secondary group, have never attended one before is there anyone going from the north west. I live near manchester.

It seems a long way for 2 hours or does anybody stay overnight.

Not sure how to go about itas i am having problems with my emails.

Cassy

Hi Cassie,

If you get send an email to <script type=“text/javascript”>eval(unescape(‘%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%63%68%72%69%73%74%6f%70%68%65%72%71%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%22%3e%63%68%72%69%73%74%6f%70%68%65%72%71%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b’))</script> he will be able to give you more details. Maybe you could contact the moderators and they could pass on your details if you are having technical problems?

Jenny
x

where is this event being held?

i’d love to go but dont think i’m brave enough to come on my own.

jakki
x

I copied this info for you incase you don’t see it elsewhere on this site.

"The Secondary Breast Cancer Taskforce is pleased to announce it will be holding its first campaigning event Time to be heard: Giving a voice to people with secondary breast cancer in Westminster on the 24th October, from 5-7pm, in the Robert Perks room, Westminster Central Hall.

The Secondary Breast Cancer Taskforce is a national coalition which is committed to improving the treatment, support and care of secondary breast cancer patients. The Taskforce consists of a range of health professionals, breast cancer charities, people living with secondary breast cancer and representatives from government health departments with expertise and an interest in the area of secondary breast cancer.

The event will be a unique opportunity for you to share your experiences and ideas on how to improve the treatment and care of people living with secondary breast cancer, with health professionals, MP’s, and Taskforce members. It will also be an opportunity to learn more about the work of the Secondary Breast Cancer Taskforce.

The event will start with a reception followed by a debate style discussion with an expert panel of health professionals. Joan Bakewell, one of Breast Cancer Care’s patrons, will be chairing the discussion. Confirmed panel members are:

A member of the Secondary Taskforce User Advisory Group
Elizabeth Reed, Nurse Researcher, Breast Cancer Care
Timothy Jackson, Clinical nurse director, South East London Cancer network
Vivienne Watson, Secondary breast care nurse
An oncologist (tbc)
We’re delighted to announce that Professor Mike Richards, National Cancer Director will be attending the event and will speak about how the needs of secondary cancer patients will be reflected in the forthcoming Cancer Reform Strategy.

Two of the Taskforce’s key priorities will be raised at the event; the need for cancer registries to collect data on the incidence of secondary breast cancer, and the need to ensure all secondary breast cancer patients have a key worker.

Stand up and be counted

At the event we will be launching our Stand up and be counted campaign calling for improved collection of data on incidence and survival rates for secondary breast cancer. The Taskforce is concerned that without the collection of this data it is not possible to accurately plan treatment and support services for this patient group.

If you would like to attend Time to be heard, please contact Chris Quince, Policy and Campaigns assistant, on 020 7960 3569 or <script type=“text/javascript”>eval(unescape(‘%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%63%68%72%69%73%74%6f%70%68%65%72%71%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%22%3e%63%68%72%69%73%74%6f%70%68%65%72%71%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b’))</script>. If you are unable to attend the event but keen to show your support please go to the Stand up and Be Counted page and write your message of support for the campaign.

Please note: We are happy to help with travel for anyone attending who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. If you need to bring a guest with you due to health reasons we can also assist with their travel costs. We are happy for people to bring a guest to the event as long as they let us know in advance so we can keep an eye on numbers."

Jenny
xx

I am also planning to go…Definitely up for a couple of glasses of wine - really want to meet India1 so hope you can get some childcare sorted.

Look forward to seeing you all…

Heather
x

Hi everyone,

Have got child care sorted so am definately coming. Perhaps anybody who wants to meet informally after the meeting can wait behind, and we’ll find somewhere to go.

Looking forward to meeting everyone-I’m the dumpy one probably wearing red shoes.

India
x

Ooh yes… I think having a little drink afterwards goes without saying!

Jenny
xx

I emailed christopher about attending this and got no reply… perhaps the moderator could ask him to contact me?

thanks

jakki
xx

Thought I’d responded to this one already! I hope to be there. Even if they don’t give us badges I’ll make myself a sticker with my forum name.

I am so jealous, I would have loved to come and meet u all. A 21 hr flight is a bit too far this time, lets be optimistic, I will see you all next year if they have another one. hope you all have a great time. Lpve Suzy

Jakki did the moderator get back to you hun?? Have you sorted out bringing someone with you?

lynnc x

I am hoping to come, I am waiting to hear back from christopher. Coming on my own, and really looking forward to meeting you all

Diane xx

Hi Lynn

Yes, Christopher emailed me… gave me the details… even has offered to sort travel and a hotel but i start chemo next week - probably wednesday and then have it again a week later, so i dont think its an option for me to travel down. I would have love to have come and met you all.

If my situation changes, i’ll let you know but please do let me know how it all goes…

love Jakki
xxx

Hi. I would love to know how the event goes too.
Belinda…x