Wigs in Surrey!

Hi,

I have already put a thread about this but I didn’t really specify where I am…I would be really grateful if anyone could recommend anywhere good to go for wigs near Kingston Upon Thames in Surrey? Don’t mind a bit of a drive. Thank you to those who responded to my other thread, just wondering if there was anything as good nearer than Lakeside.

Thanks

Hi Michelle there is supposed to be one in sandhurst, this one is recommended by my nhs hospital which isnt too far from you, dont know what it is like as I declined there offer and I got my wigs from America from an ebay shop cheaper than the wig outlets here

Lucy
XXXXXXXXXX

Hi Michelle and Lucy

Lady in Edinburgh (Agnes Lennonx) has a web site wigbank. they have donated wigs £5>£20 and new ones at £40. Some of the proceeds goes to Maggies Centre (place for people with cancer) she is very helpful. If you don’t like you just return. Only £10 deposit on new wigs. She also has other people doing this around the country so check the site out and it tells you where others are. I found one 30mins drive away and purchased a lovely wig. ssilver - what are the ones from ebay like and which American site was yours from, are they ok. Worried as some seem to be a bit thin on top and can see the netting. Do you know if the 'monotop types are better, any info appreciated. Also thanks for your comment on the hot topics thread. Trying not to go on there now but appreciated what you said and thoughts are with you as know hard for us all.

Take care

Love

JulieL
xx

Hi again

Sorry forgot to ask, heard it can be a bit sore on your head at night, heard satin pillow case can help and wondering what would be good for on head, thought about terry towelling, I do get very hot though.

All the best Michelle

Take care

Love

JulieL
xx

Hi,
I used Beesley and Goodman at Sandhurst. The staff were very helpful and understanding after i had chosen a wig I had a good laugh trying different styles and colours including pink. They have a website and you phone to make an appointment .
Jakey

I also went to Beesley and Goodman. Go with a friend or partner - the ladies there are great and helpful but I found it useful to have someone there who knew me well. You can get a contribution towards the cost of the wig from the NHS. Your BCN should be able to give you details.

Happy choosing!!

Gill