wish I'd never had mastectomy

So depressed about the treatment
MX in September, Chemo started in October, one more week to go then recon surgery and radio therapy. I can’t take any more treatment and want it to stop. can’t handle weeks of travelling to hospital and juggling kids and house stuff. Am I alone with this?

Hi riversidedawn

I’m sorry you are feeling so low at the moment.  It might help to give our helpline a call to talk things over.  They are open from 9-5 today and all weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Dawn, having had over the last six months, mammograms, biopsies, 3 WLE followed by bilateral mx & recon, and now looking at further surgery to “tidy up” I have some idea of how you must be feeling. It’s a hellish journey at times and the inconvenience, long-term disruption & general exhaustion of a cancer diagnosis is often not acknowledged.
Sadly no magic wand though. I would however, strongly recommend giving the helpline a call or drop them an email. The support there is phenomenal and the benefits of talking to someone who genuinely does understand is immeasurable. Please call them.
Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I did call yesterday. Still feel so fed up with all the treatment. You’re right that the exhaustion is not acknowledged, especially by husband!

Hi riversidedawn,

what an inspirational name.

I cannot imagine how you feel. Having suffered from depression I do recognise a little of the gloom though.

All I can say is you have done the hardest part and succeeded you are on the downhill path now.

And I don’t just mean treatment wise.

You have done this during the long dark winter months when there is little day light and the world is a gloomy place.

Now you are facing brighter days and a real light at the end of the tunnel - a true dawn.

I feel lucky that my treatment is in spring/summer where at least I can get outside if only to sit in the sun.

You need to realise how much you have achieved and how brilliant that makes you!

Be brave you’re nearly there

xx