Wolverhampton?

Hi,
I live in Wolverhampton and was dx on 21st December. I had a WLE on 29th under team. Waiting to hear the results from the operation on 13th Jan. Would love to meet up with anyone in the area - I do have my own transport so as soon as I can drive again, am happy to travel to a meet up.

Anyone local to me?

take care
kaj
xxx

Hi kaj,
Wow, haven’t you been through a super fast mill? I’m not in Wolverhampton but reasonably close if you want to pm me.

Yes it all happened very quickly - think I was just lucky. Will PM you - thanks for replying

kaj
xxx

Hi Kaj, I dont live in Wolves anymore but go regularly to visit relatives so if you have no joy with a Wolves meet I can arrange something I am sure. If its not too far, then I am in Shrewsbury and we have a really nice bunch who met on the website and meet up at the Armoury wine bar in town once a month, pm me if you want, we will be meeting sometime this month and arrange via the Shropshire thread. I have been to Wolves cancer unit for the odd thing and hear ecerything is top of thr range so I am sure youll be treated well!! Rachel.

Hi Kaj, I am sorry you had to join us but you are in the best place for support. Reading your post took me back to last year, I was dx on 21 December the year before you, and had my op in Jan last year, 14th, so i am very thoughtful about it, relflecting etc. I live in Shropshire and we have a Shropshire thread as Daffodil has said. I have been to Newcross in Wolves for the Look Good Feel Better Sessions there and I come to Wolves alot as my OH and his family live there.Please feel free to ask me any questions or PM me, keep posting and ask away cos there is always someone who will come along and be able to help and also the Helpline here is fabulous as is the whole website. Take CAre, lotsa Love, Silvershar x

Hi kaj, how are you today, just sending you cyber hug. xx

Hi ladies,
many thanks for all the replies. Im holding fire atm until 13th - when i will find out what future delights my drs have for me.I will then get in touch with you re meeting up. Feeling positive today - manged to drive the car without pain - so thats a bonus as I can now go to my drumming circle on Friday. Its amazing therapy!
take care
kaj
xxx

Hi! I was dx in July 07, so I guess a bit of an old hand now lol!! I was back at New Cross on Tuesday, for a pre-op for the 9th, as I had an implant following mastectomy (Feb 08), which has now capsulated (just means my body has formed scar tissue around the implant) so I need a bit of a tidy-up.
Let us know your results, and if you want to meet up, I had all of my treatment (chemo, mx and rads) at Wolves, they are a superb team, so although fingers are crossed you get a good result, you will be well looked after whatever the outcome. Good luck!

Hi Kaj,

I’m trying to get a few people together for a coffee and chat on the 14th Feb in Birmingham, if you would like to join us let me know and I will let you know time and place a little nearer the time, the more the merrier. Perhaps we will be able to make it a monthly event.

Sue xx